Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

2009 was a good and crazy tough year for us. We graduated, we moved, then we moved again, adjusted to drastic climate changes, and adjusted to life changes. I'm so grateful for all that we were blessed with last year, but I am glad that that year is over. 2010 is going to be a great year, full of even more changes. I've been thinking about my personal resolutions and family resolutions and I feel if I don't write them down I may lose sight of my goals. I like how Brian Tracy put it, "Goals in writing are dreams with deadlines." So here goes.

Personal Resolutions
#1 Exercise consistently 5 days a week. And with this goal I plan to train for a half marathon.
#2 Be happier. I'm a happy person, but I feel that I haven't been as happy lately and that I'm more easily irritated. So to help fulfill this goal I'm going to write down 3 things I'm thankful for everyday. So today I'm thankful for Naomi and her lively spirit, I'm thankful that Cory has a secure job, and I'm thankful for the good friends I have.

Family Resolutions
#1 Find the right house for us. We have started house hunting, which is quite the process and we're excited to be making this step in our lives.
#2 Save more money. I know that sounds kind of funny since we are trying to buy a house right now, but we hope to get into a house with a low mortgage so that saving will be reasonable.

Naomi's Resolution (which she doesn't know yet)
#1 Learn to spell her name. She has the ability, I just have to be patient in teaching her. But I know she can do it.

I've had a lot on my mind lately, but I'm glad I finally got that written down. Now I can start focusing on the two most important things right now, finding the right house and getting ready for our Disney Cruise in a couple weeks.

4 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

What awesome goals! I need to write mine down as well. I'm still so jealous that you are going on a disney cruise but im also so excited for you guys to go! Im sure Naomi will LOVE it! If you need anyone to watch her while you house hunt, I would love to (assuming Im in town):)

Steve Thomsen said...

Good resolutions! I'll run that half marathon with you. We love you guys. Dad & Mom xoxoxo

Emily said...

Those are great goals. I should do that too.
Did you ever get our Christmas card to you? We sent it to your old address... I didn't know you moved, but we were hoping it got forwarded.
Good luck house hunting. I bet that's exciting and stressful! But have fun on your cruise. I've never been on one and I'm so jealous that you're going on a DISNEY cruise!!

todd and erin said...

I think your resolutions sound great! I like that you have personal, family and Naomi resolutions. You are a great mom! Good luck finding a house!