Saturday, February 14, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

So when I was younger I liked babysitting and thought it would be fun to be like a nanny. Well this week was my time. Our neighbors went out of town for the week and asked us to babysit their 4 kids. The kids' ages were 11, 9, 6ish, and almost 4. Cory also started some web design work this week, so he was a little busy. So it was Naomi, me, and the kids. It was a lot of fun and really, really tough at times. I didn't mind watching the kids for a week, but I don't think I could do it full time, I wouldn't mind every once in a while but it definitely fulfilled my need to be a nanny.

There are two things I learned from this experience.

First, I'm so glad you usually have one kid at a time. Going from caring for one kid to caring for five is tough. And second, that I need to apologize to my mom for any grief I gave her about going to school. I'm sorry for those times I fought and cried because I didn't want to go school. That was probably the toughest part of babysitting.

All in all, the kids were well behaved and we had a lot of fun together. They taught me a lot about being a mom.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! What a great learning experience and challenge. Way to go!