Thursday, June 13, 2013

March, April, May, and Now

I know I'm the worst at posting, but this time I have a good reason. And I'll get to that reason in a little bit.

So here is a catch up for what we've been up to the last few months.

MARCH

The beginning of March we celebrated our 7 year anniversary by running a half marathon.


It was really fun and I enjoyed the training and the race and would totally do it again. It was fun running the entire time with my amazing husband. My dad flew out for the weekend to hang out with us and run the race too. He stayed with us until mile 9 and then he ran ahead. Sadly I got sick during the race, so I didn't run as well as I had hoped but I was still proud of what we accomplished.


At the end of the month was Naomi's 6th birthday. Can't believe how big she's getting. We didn't have a big party this year, just a little one with some family. A couple weeks before her birthday, we went to the zoo aunts and cousins and Papa Buzz. Naomi got to ride the camels with her cousin Zoey and Papa Buzz took Jaxon and cousin Brennan to feed the giraffes. Jaxon loved it. Naomi got to hang out lots with cousin Zoey. For her party we went to a park not far from our house and played with a few cousins, ate pizza and cake, and opened presents. Naomi's actual birthday fell on the Saturday before Easter, so for her day we went and did an Easter egg hunt with my Sis-in-law's family and ate a yummy brunch. And then for dinner got Naomi's favorite food: orange chicken from Panda Express. She was a very happy girl.

(Can't believe how fast my little girl is growing up)

(Jaxon feeding the Giraffes with Papa Buzz, Aunt Amy, and cousin Brennan)

(Naomi opening one of her birthday presents, cousin Carson pictured with her)

(Waiting for the Easter Egg Hunt to begin)\

(Jaxon filling his bag with eggs, I think he threw more eggs then he picked up)    
                                  
                                     
(Naomi enjoying the hunt)

In school, Naomi was chosen to be March student of the month. I'm very proud of this girl.

                                     

APRIL

April was a busy month. Naomi played T-ball and I got to coach her team. It was a lot of fun. She did such a good job. This season she was in the older division so she was introduced to coach's pitch. So by the end of the season she was hitting the ball off of a live pitch. I was a proud Mama.

We also stayed busy helping out my niece, Maddy, with a school project. She sent us her Mailing May, which meant we got to show this paper doll around town. So we went to the zoo, the library, the Olive Mill, Naomi's school, and to Yogurt Jungle (our fave frozen yogurt place). We also brought her along to a T-ball game and to swim lessons.

Since we live in AZ, it is very important that our kids learn to swim so we did a session of swim lessons at Aquatots. Naomi did awesome she swam across the pool like a little fishy. She started learning freestyle and back stroke. Jaxon and I did a mommy and me class. He hated it, cried just about the whole time. But finally in the last class he was happy and laughing and fully participating in all the things the teacher wanted them to do. So it ended up being a success.

 (Swimming across the pool)

At school, one of the days was Disney dress up day. Naomi loves the movie Alice in Wonderland. So she dressed up as Alice. She was the cutest Alice ever.

(My cute little Alice)

MAY

In the beginning of May, Naomi was awarded March Star Student by the town of Queen Creek. Her principal chose her and she went to a special ceremony where a select number of students from the Queen Creek Schools went and received awards and took a picture with the Mayor. Her teacher even came to support her. I am so proud of my Naomi.

 (Naomi with our town Mayor)

(Naomi with her teacher Mrs. Morgan)

The school year also ended this month, which means Naomi is considered a 1st grader. Well her school didn't have a kindergarten graduation but they had a kindergarten celebration. All the kindergarten classes did a presentation of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Naomi even had a speaking part. It was so cute. They all did such a good job. They presented the kids with a certificate of promotion.

 (Naomi saying her line)

 (With her certificate)

NOW

And we're now to the present. We've been enjoying summer vacation. And we've been swimming a lot. And Naomi is taking 1 more session of swim lessons. She is doing awesome, I don't have pictures, but I'll get some.

And I guess you deserve a reason for why I've been so bad at posting. Well you see these 2 kids.


Love them so much. And they are so excited...to be getting a new brother or sister. Yep that means I'm pregnant! We are all so excited, but with pregnancy comes the morning sickness. And yes I get pretty sick. So that I is why I haven't posted. I'll try and be better, but I can't promise anything. And to make things fun, we are NOT finding out the gender. So we will all find out around the beginning of November.

Our First Family Picture of the Five of Us :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I read the post above before this one! I love that you're not finding out the gender til your baby is born. I always wondered how in the world someone could do that, but I kind of want to with our next baby... we'll see I guess when we get there. Congrats again! (actually maybe I didn't say congrats in my last comment... Congratulations!! :) )