Monday, September 28, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Naomi is going through a time where she says the funniest things and she repeats everything you say. Cory said "dang it" one day and later as we were walking out of church she said, "dang it, dang it, dang it." It was cute, but I wasn't happy that she was saying it. But it could have been worse.

When Naomi is in her car seat, she likes to slip her arms out of the seat belt. When she did it this evening, she stretched out her arms and said, "I'm free!"

One of her new favorite sayings is, "I cannot believe it." And she always says it at the funniest times.

This evening when I said it was prayer time, she folded her arms and started the prayer. "Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, uh..." I had to help her finish but she started the prayer all by herself. I'm so proud of her. It made my heart melt.

3 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

so super cute! :) Today Mia did our family prayer on her own. She asked to bless mommy to get a baby in her tummy. I almost cried. :)

Ren said...

When we tell Caleb it's time for prayers, he yells "no prayers!" We try to tell ourselves he reacts this way because after prayers is lights out and then bedtime and he just doesn't want to go to bed. Last night he cried through the whole prayer.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I love the "I can not believe it!" and I know exactly where that line comes from :) I can just imagine her saying it just like Quincy does...That's one line I hope Ethan picks up too.. it's so cute!